Frequently Asked Questions

When will I receive a bill?
Fall semester electronic bills (eBills) will be available in early July, spring semester eBills will be available in early November, and summer semester eBills will be available in April. An email will be generated when your eBill is available and you will access your eBill via MyBeacon.

When is payment due date?
The payment due dates are as follows:

  • Fall semester: August
  • Spring semester: December
  • Summer semester: May

When you access your eBill you will also be able to pay on-line. If full payment cannot be made, the Virginia Wesleyan Payment Plan is available.

Can I pay my bill online?
Yes. The following payment methods are accepted: Credit card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard and VISA) and ACH payments. An ACH payment is an electronic debit of a checking or savings account. We recommend you pay via eCheck as a convenient, secure, fast and free method to pay your student bill. If you chose to pay by credit card, a 2.85 percent convenience fee will be added to the transaction.

Your eBill is available 24/7 and can be accessed MyBeacon.

What if I am unable to complete payment by the due date?
If you are unable to pay by the payment due date; and the Virginia Wesleyan Payment Plan does not meet your needs, please contact the Office of Student Accounts Receivable to inquire about the availability of a payment agreement and/or financial aid programs.

How do I change my meal plan?
Meal plans can be upgraded but not decreased.  Meal plan upgrades can be done by filling out the Meal Plan Increase Request.

Where can I find the Student Financial Responsibility Agreement (SFRA)?
The Student Financial Responsibility Agreement (SFRA) can be found by clicking here.

What if I have an overpayment on my tuition?
Virginia Wesleyan University offers refunds to students for the following reasons:

  • When a student’s total payments (from federal aid,scholarships, out-of-pocket payments, etc.) exceed their total charges.
  • When a student has paid their tuition account and withdrawals from courses during the refund period.

Refunding of credit balances from federal aid will begin after the conclusion of the drop/add period each semester. All other refunds must be requested by filling out a Student Refund Request. If you have a credit balance from an out-of-pocket overpayment, it is Virginia Wesleyan’s policy to wait 30 days from the time the payment is posted to process the refund.

Can commuting students get Marlin $?
Answer – Yes, any student can get Marlin $. If the student has a credit on their account stemming from their aid/awards or loans, the credit (all or a portion) can be transferred to their Marlin Card. If there is no credit available, money can be add by filling out the Marlin $ Transfer Form.